Gmail is the world’s leading mail service provider maintained by Google. More than 10 billion people use Gmail on a daily basis for both professional and personal purposes. Gmail account Login, Logout and composing mails is very easy once you start using the mail service. Learn how to create an account with Gmail and Sign up for a free account today.
You need a Gmail account to start using Google mailing services. Once you create a new mail address, you can compose, send mails, chat with your friends and use all Google services like Play Store, Hangouts, Google Payments etc. To create account, you must register with your genuine name, assign a username, password and other security details. You may be also asked to add a phone number for security purposes. Your Gmail address will be in email@example.com format that can be used with multiple number of third party services like Facebook, Apple, Microsoft and many more. Make sure you read and accept all the terms and conditions before creating an Gmail account as you must comply with these incase of any problems.
How to Sign in?
- To sign in with Gmail, you need to already have an account. If you don’t have one, you can click the above ‘Create account’ button to get a new account.
- Open www.gmail.com on your browser/device and enter your email address or phone number in ‘Email or Phone’ section. Click ‘NEXT’.
- Now enter your Gmail password correctly and hit ‘Sign in’. If Google sees your login as human, you will be taken to your Gmail account (or) you will need to verify as Google advises.
How to Sign out?
- Signing out of Gmail is very easy. Open any of Google’s services and you will see a round icon with your Alphabet or profile pic. Click on the icon and choose ‘Sign out’ from the options. This method is only valid on a browser.
- If you are using Gmail via app on Android/Apple, you need to Go to Device settings>Accounts. Here you can see all your integrated accounts like Google, Facebook etc. Choose Google and you will see all your saved account. Click on any email address and long press on it to remove.
- To Sign out of all devices, visit gmail.com from your browser and scroll down till the end of mailbox. Here, you will see ‘View Recent activity’ option. Click on it to see all the devices you are currently logged in. Click on ‘Log out of all devices’ to remove your Gmail account login from all old and new devices at once.
The features of Gmail are simple yet subtle. But these features made Gmail the personal mailing service of many users. Now a days, everyone owns a Gmail as we need it to sign up for other services. But there are other features you might want to know.
Free storage up to 15GB
An average text mail is of 50Kb-100kb in size. Now imagine how many text/media mails you can store on Gmail. It’s unlimited. You can receive mails until you use all your 15 GB. All the images, videos, files and documents you received via mail will be integrated within Google Drive for easy access.
Gmail.com has a special inbox maintenance which categorizes mails of different types. We can also create a new tab and add it to our mail homepage. You can customise, block and add recipients that you want to receive mail in these tabs. The best part is that you can arrange all these tabs on the homepage so that you can decide the important stuff at a glance. The basic tabs are Primary, Social, Promotions and Updates. All received mails will be categorised accordingly.
Multiple device support
Gmail is very responsive and can be integrated with multiple devices and operating systems. You can use Gmail on Mobiles, Tablets, Computers, Smart watches, TVs and other digital devices with internet. Gmail can also be used as an app with Apple, Android, BlackBerry and Windows devices.
Now you can personalize you Gmail homepage to your liking by using custom themes. These custom themes are skins that get adapted to the interface and change colour, look and tone of Gmail. You can install infinite themes from the Gmail theme store or upload your own image to use as background. You can access this setting once you sign up with Gmail.
Google services integration
Gmail is not just a simple mailing service. If you are using an Android device, it’s much more than that. You need Gmail to access Play Store, Play services, Play Books, Google Play Music, Analytics, Adsense, Hangouts, Tez, Google Pay, Play Movies and all Google services. All the data you use with a Gmail account can be synced with any device once you login to a new device with your Gmail account.
Understanding Gmail Login
The sign in page of Gmail is very simple and easy to use. With only limited options at hand, you need to understand each option and it’s purpose to use Gmail more effectively. These extra options will help you find a way into Gmail if you lose personal data. Here is a brief description of each option available on Google Sign in Page.
Email or Phone
Gmail has the option to login both with your previously created mail or with your mobile number. If you’ve saved your mobile number while creating the account, this option is very useful. If there is no mobile number, you must enter your Gmail address here and hit ‘NEXT’.
It happens with everyone once in a while. Not only password, but we also tend to forget our mail ID. By clicking on Forgot email, you will get two options – ‘Verify Mobile number or verify backup mail’. Confirm any of the option to receive your mail address.
This option is helpful if you are new to Gmail. By clicking on this option, you can create a new account. You will also have ‘Forgot password’ option which by clicking will ask you verify your mobile number to send OTP or your personal data you saved while creating that mail address.